When: 3rd Thursday of each month (unless noted otherwise) at 6:30pm. See 2018 Tentative Board Meeting Schedule
Where: Cedar City Council Chambers of the Cedar City Offices, 10 North Main Street Cedar City, UT 84720
Consumer Confidence Reports (CCR)
Frequently Asked Questions
- When do bills come out and when are they due?
Bills come out the first week every month and are due by the 25th of each month.
- How often are meters read and how are they read?
Meters are read at the end of each month. Each meter has a fast pulse on it that transmits the reading via radio signal to our meter reading device. If a reading seems off, the meter lid is lifted and manually read to confirm.
- How can I keep my bills from getting too high in the Summer?
CICWCD bills customers on a tiered schedule. Using above 30,000 gallons in a month increases bills significantly because each 1,000 gallons are $2.62. The best way to keep your bill from getting too high is to check for leaks (especially in your sprinkler system) and avoid over-watering in the summer. The Division of Water Resources and Slow the Flow put out a weekly Lawn Watering Guide that recommends how many times to water each week. https://conservewater.utah.gov/guide.html
- I just had a major leak. Is there anything that can help lower my bill?
CICWCD offers a one-time leak relief credit. If you have a large leak, bring in your receipt showing the repair (a receipt from your plumber, landscaper, or the parts you purchased and fixed yourself). If approved, the gallons used will be charged at the lowest tier often bringing down the bill total significantly.
- I noticed a fee on my bill, what is it for?
$7-Penalty fee for late payment/unpaid bill
$20-Returned payment or bad check fee
$30-Nuisance fee when a customer calls right before water has been shut off
$100-Disconnection/Reconnect fee when water is shut off due to delinquent account
- What is the one-time paperless billing credit?
Customers who decide to receive their bills via email and sign up for auto pay are eligible to receive a one-time $30 credit to their water account. If interested, call CICWCD at 435-865-9901.
- How do I check out a fire hydrant meter?
- Fill out this application
- Pay the refundable deposit over the phone or in the office
- Pick up the hydrant meter from CICWCD’s office