Experience the benefits of a yard designed specifically for Utah. Click the picture above for more details.
Don’t know how long to water your lawn? Click the picture above to see the weekly lawn watering guide.
Want to know exactly how long to water? Click the link above to schedule a free water check appointment with our office!
Click the photo above to learn more about the waterwise demonstration street here in Cedar City, and get free waterwise landscaping designs.
Click the picture above to find a list of water wise plants. You can also visit local nurseries to find water wise plant choices. Or check here!
Click the picture above to view the CICWCD Water Conservation Plan.
Outdoor Conservation Tips
If each person can implement a single water-wise principle, we can collectively work our way to significant water savings. If we each save a little, we’ll all save a lot. Slow the Flow: Save H2O.
- Remove lawn and replace it with with water wise plants
- Adjust your watering schedule to the season
- Turn off your irrigation and sprinkler systems if it is windy or raining
- Look for the yellow water-wise tag when you buy plants
- Group plants with similar water needs together
- Cover pools or hot tubs to avoid evaporation
- Start with a small area of your landscaping and make it water-wise
- Raise your lawn-mower to a cutting level of 3″: Longer grass leads to a healthier root system
- Regularly monitor your sprinkler system to check for:
- Malfunctioning valves
- Broken sprinkler heads or pipes
- Water spraying sidewalks or driveways
- Inefficient watering patterns
- Water brown spots in the lawn by hand, rather than turning on the entire system
- Don’t water your lawn everyday, only when it needs it. No more than 3 times a week!
- Don’t water during the heat of the day, or between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.