Pine Valley test well drilling. Photo by Paul Monroe
- In 2006, CICWCD filed for groundwater in the basins of Pine and Wah Wah Valleys (WR Area 14, & 69) for 15,000 and 12,000 AC/FT respectively.
- CICWCD also filed on 10,000 AC/FT in Hamlin Valley but has not acted on such applications because at the time there were interstate negotiations between Nevada and Utah.
- 2012-2015 CICWCD contracted with the BLM, Division of Water Rights and USGS, to conduct a study on water sustainability in Pine and Wah Wah Valleys.
- May 2014, The State Engineer approved in favor of CICWCD 15,000 AC/FT from Pine and 6,525 AC/FT from Wah Wah
- February 2015, CICWCD began the environmental processes for water development